top of page

Gruppo

Pubblico·10 membri
Nolan White
Nolan White

The Mentalist - Season 4

The fourth season of the CBS police procedural series The Mentalist premiered on September 22, 2011 and concluded on May 17, 2012. The season picks up immediately after the events of the third-season finale in which Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) was arrested for the public murder of the man he believes is the notorious serial killer Red John, who murdered his wife and daughter.

The Mentalist - Season 4

Speaking of the season, creator Bruno Heller said, "Every season, you kind of take a chance to reset things. ... Last season was almost serialized. There was a great deal of plot and story that you could follow through the whole season. We're going to need less of that this season."[48] He commented that the new season would explore Jane's feelings about finally catching his "white whale", Red John: "What does revenge mean? Because, as you saw in that final moment, after you've killed someone, what's left? ... That kind of bitterness and hate kills things. But then, what do you do?"[48]

All 24 episodes were included in the five disc complete fourth season set. It was released on September 18, 2012 in Region 1, October 8, 2012 in Region 2, and November 7, 2012 in Region 4. It included the featurette "CBI: Behind the Badge".

The Mentalist tells the story of Patrick Jane, an independent consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI), who has a remarkable track record for solving serious crimes by using his razor sharp skills of observation. He also makes frequent use of his mentalist abilities to lead witnesses or offenders into offering the actual facts of the case, as known only to them.

Season 4 picks up directly after last season's cliffhanger. Jane faces murder charges after he kills a man he suspects to be Red John, while the rest of the CBI team help prove his innocence, despite being under suspension. The end of the episode sees Jane's immediate release and his discovery that the man he killed was not his nemisis. The rest of the season deals with the FBI's investigation into Red John after he is tricked into murdering another serial killer for Jane. Van Pelt also deals with the aftermath of her fiance's death, who attempted to kill her on Red John's orders. At the end of the season Jane seemingly sinks into a depressed state and quits the CBI, revealed later to be a part of a ruse to capture Red John, a plan which ultimately backfires.

On what may be my favorite episode of The Mentalist so far this season, the search for the San Joaquin killer brought Jane toe-to-toe with a worthy adversary. A man who could evade the police, the CBI, even Patrick Jane himself. That was until a little "Blinking Red Light" had Jane performing the ultimate set up, as he used one serial killer to take down another.

I`m freaking out more about the shooting than the lover (and by the way, is that position as love interest in season 5 still open? I`d love to apply. I could play a crazy stalker-like lover. I wouldn`t even have to act for that!).

Well, I think we can already assume that the shooting, whatever it may be, won`t have serious consequences for Jane. First, it would be stupid for him to shoot someone in a season finale TWICE and then have him get away with it in court again. Also, if they`re casting a female love interest for him, he is apparently able to meet her somewhere and it`s unlikely this will happen in prison.

That is a good point, on the Lisbon front. Okay, I have decided that in my head, Lisbon has not been ignored this season in terms of random or self-contained character moments, but I think she has been ignored in terms of the Red John arc, which is ostensibly the driver of the series, and arguably any kind of sustained character arc of her own.

I do have to say it will shed light on Lisbon but it just may be that it gets her to thinking about her life which will actually arc the rest of the season. She may start seeing herself as waiting on someone who will never be ready (Jane) and decides to cut her losses and leave. Little does she know that he may be closer to being ready than she thinks. Of course they never talk about stuff so personally so she would have no idea what is actually going on in that beautiful brain of his.

Season three ended with our mentalist Patrick Jane, played by Simon Baker, apparently coming face to face with the serial killer red John, the man who murdered his family. Season four continues exactly where the previous season finished, with Jane being taken into custody for the murder of the man he believed to be Red John. The charming mentalist displays his intelligence and cunning by defending himself against the charges, and walking free. He displays his most sinister side, however, by admitting the identity of the man he killed may be in question.

I think there is a big secret when LaRouche and I think that Jane did not kill Reid, John true because the voice of a man similar to the voice of the man who kidnapped Jane I do not think that Reid John would risk his own only to kidnap Jane and says to him (Tiger Tiger), and Reid, John sent this man to die and illusion Jane that he had carried out his revenge because John Reid also said he wanted to retire him to the man who kidnapped Jane in the second season was not the basis of John Reid, but his server m

Furthermore i am ofc very excited about S4, cause what will happen now. Unfortunately i think the first half of the season will focus on PJ getting trials, and his team backing him up, or not, LIsbon in crossfire.. between feelingsduty, the sudden situation with Van Pelt, etc.

I also read people saying that lissbon and van pelt wasnt really legit in the serie. Cause a lot of times when patrick is on the phone talking with RJ, van pelt in the background. And that lisbon never really looked legit. Im like WHAT? what are u talking about? I think over the last 3 seasons.. the CBI team of lisbon, prooved to be trustworthy, cause if they werent the whole plan PJ had.. would of failed majorly. If Van pelt and lisbon were moles or working for RJ, they could of made up a set up with Craig from the FBI to kill Hightower. Anyway enough bullshit from my part ? peace!

I think Jane realizes in that last moment that this guy is not Red John and Jane has to kill him in order for Red John to think Jane thinks he is dead. This guy is not Red John. Red hair, red glasses. Great stuff.Red John realizes Jane is getting too close and wants to retire as he stated before he gets caught, but as a serial killer he will not be able to quell his thirst for blood and will come back. Great show, extremely moving season finale. Impressive

I love thriller movies because the plot can take so many turns. I like the way you described the end scene of the pilot, I could imagine how the viewers felt. I also agree that most series disappoint us in the last season.

When Roku licenses content to play on TRC, they often do not get all episodes and/or seasons of TV shows. No rhyme nor reason to it. It's simply what the content owners are willing to provide, and what Roku is willing to spend. Although I would not expect them to show an episode they aren't licensed to stream.

Heading into October, fan-favorite series Supernatural, Raising Hope, and 30 Rock help lead the first week of premiere. Continuing, CW brings back superheroes with Arrow, AMC brings back the undead in The Walking Dead season 3, and FX brings back the eerie in American Horror Story: Asylum (season 2). The close of the month brings the return of Community, Nikita and Touch, meaning that the fall TV premiere season is almost over. 041b061a72

Info

Ti diamo il benvenuto nel gruppo! Qui puoi entrare in contat...

Membri

bottom of page